Happy New Year Everyone! Isn’t that what you are supposed to say. Out with the old in with the new but what is really new so far, other than the year? Keeping up in the new year should follow keeping up with all that is important in your life.
Resolutions maybe passe but what is true is if you don’t take care of the basics in your life, much chaos can occur. So here is a list of important things to remember to take care of as the new year progresses. You can add some of your own if I missed any.
1) Health – keep up with your check-ups, body, mind, teeth so that your body can keep up with all you need and want to do in this new year. Lots of medical tests (blood tests) look for hidden factors that may affect you down the line. Keep up with your internist and other specialists so you aren’t sitting on the side lines when you want to be participating.
2) Car -Transportation – keep your car well cared for or you will not have any transportation. Keeping up with scheduled maintanence checks means cutting big costs for repairs down the road. Believe me, you don’t want to face costly repairs at any time.
3) Relationships. Whether personal or professional, it’s tough to mend broken bridges so keep up the communication between you. If you disagree, say so and work it out. Keeping true to what’s important in life between the two of you is key in resolving disagreements and moving on.
4) Work. Whether you work for yourself or someone else, stay on top of the trends in your industry. Knowing what is going on around you makes you better informed and more valuable than someone who doesn’t keep up with trends.
5) Take advantage of opportunities to grow! Personally, professionally. This is the year you should (if you haven’t already) look into broadening your horizons – hobby groups, seminars, Webinars, a continuing ed class or even back to school for new training. If you aren’t happy where you are, doing what you are doing, look around for new opportunities.
Forewarned is forearmed! Now that you are informed you have no where to go but ahead. Staying positive and correcting your course when need to are also good rules to follow so you don’t get stuck on the side of life’s road while your friends and others pass you by. Here’s to a happy, healthy, prosperous New Year for sure!